I run. I run a classroom. I run my life! I can't promise any eloquent words of wisdom, but I can share what it's like to be a runner and a teacher, and everything in between.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

ode to my father

To celebrate my father's latest birthday,
I thought I'd have a little fun.
Enjoy my little toast and celebration 
to my dear old,
Dad.

------------

This Daddy's girl
writes an ode to her father.
To the man who tied my soccer cleats
tight, tight, tighter.
And never let the bed bugs bite her.

My Daddy-O,
my number one fan.
He's the one I look up to
in all the lan'.

The guy who cheers louder than anyone I know,
and if you quiz him on sports trivia he'll put on a show.
Quick with his wit to throw out a one-liner;
laughing with my dad, there is nothing finer!


Advice from my father I'll use as my light
With a positive attitude, the future is always bright.
His advice is smart, his perspective wise.
This gems of wisdom are no surprise.

Sometimes I don't like to admit he's usually right,
But he's the one I cheer to on this night.


I love you Daddy!  Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment