I run. I run a classroom. I run my life! I can't promise any eloquent words of wisdom, but I can share what it's like to be a runner and a teacher, and everything in between.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Shamrockin' 2012


Well, I didn't break the 
2 hour mark
today...

BUT!
I did break my PR
by 6 minutes!
AND!
I ran the ENTIRE race!
The whole thing!
(Other than through the aid stations
to get a quick sip of water without choking, haha.)

So my official chip time was
2 hours, 2 minutes.

Not too shabby!

And what's great is,
I'm running another half in early May.
Ha, 2 minutes to reach my goal?
Piece of cake!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

The best part was
hanging with some of my favorite people before the race,
and seeing them cheer me on during and after.

Especially one boy in particular
who woke up at the break of dawn to be there,
Kiss me good luck,
cheer me on at mile 9,
and then head to work after it was all over.
What a keeper! 







No comments:

Post a Comment