I run. I run a classroom. I run my life! I can't promise any eloquent words of wisdom, but I can share what it's like to be a runner and a teacher, and everything in between.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

inspiration

They always say "Keep your eyes on the prize."
Here are a few things inspiring me these days...

Kara Goucher - A freakin' rockstar of a runner 
and one hell of a role model. 
I only hope that one day
I can be half the runner she is!
(not to mention her amazing abs!)
She's amazing!


I can't believe that I've become
utterly sucked in
to this series.  
It's totally not my thing:
wilderness, blood, guts, loneliness.
But it's got a tough girl power heroine
who I simply adore.
And that's why I can't put the book down.


The love of my life.
 Enough said.


Yeah,
I know they suck.
And I know it's not 2002.
But I love them anyway,
and I get verrrrry grumpy
when I miss watching a game or hearing it on the radio.
Go Kings!


The best job in the whole world.
They say, if you find a job you love,
you'll never work a day in your life.
Well, I guess I'm not really working then, am I?
Don't get me wrong, there are definitely days
I come home exhausted.
But I love my job!
I love my kids; I love my coworkers;
I love my boss; I love my 4/5 team.
I love my job!


And last, but not least,
my dear ol' Dad.
Better known to me as "Daddy-O."
The best guy in the whole wide world.
The biggest Steeler fan you'll ever meet!
I can hear him halfway across the soccer field cheering,
and outside the house on a football Sunday.
A pro at a crossword puzzle,
an encyclopedia of useless (but useful!) sports trivia,
a heart of gold and an positive outlook for every situation.
He's the greatest! 


Always remember:
"Keep your eyes on the prize."





No comments:

Post a Comment