I run. I run a classroom. I run my life! I can't promise any eloquent words of wisdom, but I can share what it's like to be a runner and a teacher, and everything in between.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome to Grade 5

And so begins another school year!  I'm lucky enough to be one of the surviving "new teachers" who did not find myself with a pink slip come June.  Aspire Public Schools believes in keeping the "highly effective teachers" rather than keeping teachers based on seniority or tenure. 

So, a few days ago, I came back to my same room, and began decorating for the new year. 



I knew I wanted a change this year, but I also wanted to keep with the blue and yellow theme, as UCLA is our class college. After some long hours and some help from my mom and my good friend, my room became the beauty it was for the first day of school!





I am really proud of the way it turned out, and I think my kids are in love with their new home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment