I run. I run a classroom. I run my life! I can't promise any eloquent words of wisdom, but I can share what it's like to be a runner and a teacher, and everything in between.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

back in action

I am a runner.
And when I say that, I don't just mean I run often.
I am a runner.
I am a runner because when I don't run,
I jones and seethe until I can run again.



These last three weeks I've been sidelined
due to a nagging knee pain.
A tight IT band was the diagnosis.
Rest, ice and strengthening was on order.
And no running until it felt better.
Then, add on a nasty three day cold.
I basically was a caged animal,
raging to get out and cause havoc.

I awoke this morning finally feeling normal.
A slight tinge in my knee, but nowhere near 
how it once felt.
I decided today was the day.
Today was the day I could return.
After all, Warriors don't quit.

As I tied my shoelaces,
I realized,
This is what being a runner feels like.
All you want to do is run.
And when you're not running,
all you can think about is running.

Glad to be back.
And can't freakin' wait to
let the marathon training begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment