I run. I run a classroom. I run my life! I can't promise any eloquent words of wisdom, but I can share what it's like to be a runner and a teacher, and everything in between.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

DIY: Circle Scarf

Have I told you lately how in love I am with Winter Break?


I've been baking up a storm, running A LOT, spending time with family, and my latest endeavor has been some DIY projects.


First Up: DIY Circle Scarf







If you've not yet experienced the amazingness of Pinterest you need to do so IMMEDIATELY!  It's the greatest thing ever, filled with recipes, projects, teacher ideas, and more!


I found this easy project here.  You can also search "circle scarf" on Pinterest to see some other tutorials.  I liked the one I linked the best because it's a video.


The video is a perrrrrfect tutorial.  I'd list the directions here, but it honestly helps to just watch the video because there are a few steps that can be confusing if you don't watch what she is doing.


Be sure to pick a light but comfy fabric.  The fabric I chose this time was a little heavier than I would have liked, but it still looks pretty cute in my opinion.  Luckily I found another cute fabric to try that's a little lighter for my second try. :)


Now, if you're saying to yourself, "I don't have a sewing machine!"  have no fear! I am proud to say I hand sewed this entire scarf!  It probably took me a lot longer than it would with a sewing machine, but I'm pretty proud of my hard work!


Check out the final product:




1 comment: